enTECH provides early intervention services for the Kentucky Early Intervention Service, otherwise known as First Steps. enTECH serves children across the state through acting as a loan library agency. In addition, enTECH is a purchasing agent for the First Steps program. Direct services are provided in the KIPDA and Lincoln Trail districts. Services are provided in the natural setting whenever possible. enTECH’s First Steps services include Primary Service Coordination, Occupational Therapy and Assistive Technology Services. enTECH staff is committed to the rules and regulations regarding meetings, collaboration, and paperwork.
Occupational Therapy and Assistive Technology Services
enTECH staff provides Technical Assistance to service coordinators and providers regarding assistive technology services through the Kentucky Early Intervention Service. Any provider that has questions may contact Susan Haynes 502-873-4214 for assistance.
Any service coordinator interested in borrowing or purchasing Assistive Technology devices can contact Joy Vessels. First Steps requires the following documentation for a loan or purchase of assistive technology:
- The child’s Individual Family Service Plan – The plan or amendment covering the assistive technology with the signature of the requesting provider
- The Assistive Technology Amendment Page
- An order form which shows the specific ordering information, size/color of the device when necessary, the justification for ordering the device, and the requesting provider’s signature
- The CBIS Summary sheet indicating the correct provider number (877) and the number of requested devices
- Indication of the child’s Medicaid eligibility