The Master’s in Business Communication Graduate program requires that applicants must complete a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university before beginning graduate studies. In addition, the application requires that the applicant supply personal contact information, demographic data, information about academic background, and other facts pertinent to determining qualifications for graduate study.
International students and those for whom English is a second language may be required to complete additional application materials. Please contact the MSBC Graduate Office about these matters. In all cases an applicant will be required to submit the following materials to the Business Communication Graduate program before the application will be considered:
- A completed Master of Science in Business Communication Application.
- A non-refundable $30.00 application fee (please make check payable to Spalding University).
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions sent directly to the Master’s in Business Communication Graduate Program.
- A typed, two-page personal essay. The following three questions are to be answered. Please be sure to include your name on any separate pages you submit. Please provide a thoughtful response.
- Why is this program the next logical step in your program?
- What are your long-term career aspirations, and how will the Master’s in Business Communication help you accomplish them?
- What has been the most difficult hurdle in your life, and how did you work through it?
- At least two letters of recommendation from persons who can verify your aptitude and motivation for graduate study. Referees may be college professors or administrators, work supervisors or managers.
- A resumé or CV.
Applicants should have achieved GPAs of 3.0 or higher. However, applicants with GPAs below 3.0 but higher than 2.8 may be admitted to the program. These applicants must demonstrate through the application process (attached CV/resume; quality of writing; strong letters of recommendation) that they are adequately prepared for graduate level work. Applicants with GPAs of less than 2.80 for all prior college-level course work may be required to submit Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) before the application will be evaluated. Any exception to this policy requires approval by the MSBC Director.
All application materials should be mailed to:
Master of Science in Business Communication
901 South Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40203-2188
If the applicant wishes to apply for financial aid, the applicant must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form (FAFSA). This form and other Financial Aid information may be obtained from the University’s Office of Enrollment Services Financial Aid department at 502.588.7185. The FAFSA may also be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The school code for Spalding University is 001960. Please contact Vickie Montgomery, Financial Aid Counselor for graduate programs, with any financial aid questions. Vickie can be reached at email@example.com, or at (502) 873-4330.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Robin Hinkle, Director of the Master of Science in Business Communication Program at (502) 873-4244 or (502) 585-7120, (800) 896-8941 ext. 7120, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.