Want paid tuition? Want a guaranteed job after graduation? Interested in working with children and families? Then consider applying to the Public Child Welfare Certification Program at Spalding University.
If you are interested in being a part of this exciting, unique program, ask yourself the following questions:
• Do I have the necessary GPA? (An overall cumulative GPA of 2.5)
• Do I have at least three semesters and not more than four semesters remaining before graduation?
• Will I graduate within two years?
• Am I willing to work for the Department for Community Based Services, in the Social Service Worker series for two (2) years after I graduate?
• Do I have a positive, optimistic attitude toward working with families and children in crisis?
1. Your instate tuition will be paid (the Cabinet will pay tuition at private universities equal to the rate of the highest tuition at a participating public university) through this project for up to four semesters.
2. You will be given a $1300 per semester stipend for your books, living expenses and travel related to this program for four semesters.
3. Once you have completed this program and have graduated with at least a 3.0 GPA or a “B” average in your social work courses, you will be certified as having successfully completed the Public Child Welfare Certification Program and will be assisted in acquiring employment with the Department for Community Based Services consistent with state personnel requirements.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact the Barbara Carter at 502-873-4476.