Take your leadership skills to the next level by earning a Rank I certificate in either the instructional leadership – school principal program or the planned sixth year program. University faculty and P-12 school leaders collaborate to help you to develop professional dispositions, strategies and skills that will enable you to interact effectively with students, families, colleagues and communities.
Instructional leadership –school principal (P-12)
Develop your leadership skills to become a school principal and acheive Rank I certification. The instructional leadership – school principal program provides research-based practices to school-based learning activities for educators who aspire to be leaders and advance their careers. This is the first redesigned program to be approved by the Education Professional Standards Board. As a student in this certificate program, you will
- Learn real world applications of research-based best practices
- Demonstrate a mastery of data analysis
- Be eligible to transfer up to 12 credit hours toward Spalding’s leadership education doctoral program
Planned sixth year
The planned sixth year – teacher leader program is designed for individuals committed to the classroom who plan to further their professional teacher education. As a student in this certificate program, you will
- Develop skills and strategies that will enable you to meet the varied needs of diverse learners
- Work closely with advisors to tailor a program based on electives of your choice.