Whether you are a senior or mid-management organizational leader, this interdisciplinary, practitioner-based doctoral degree prepares you with the knowledge, skill and evidence-based practice to impact policies and advance for-profit and not-for-profit businesses and educational organizations. You will gain applicable, dynamic knowledge to transform you into a mindful, global-oriented leader. With your Ed.D. in Leadership, you will stand out as an exemplary practitioner of ethical organizational leadership, as an extraordinary team builder, as a driver of change and innovation in a global economy and as a systems thinker.
- Earn your terminal degree in 60-credit hours
- Combine online learning with 22 hours of face-to-face class meetings per class
- Take part in rigorous cutting-edge research and evidence-based practice
- Participate in collaborative study with a cohort of professionals
- Engage with organizational leaders and community and global guest speakers
- Research and help resolve a real-world leadership issue for your capstone project
Community & Global Partners
Our community and global partnership arrangement allows you to give back to the community and gain leadership experience while interacting with community leaders from such organizations as Ashley Church of England Primary Schools, Bandy Carroll Hellige, the Center for Women and Families, Family Scholar House, Greater Louisville Inc. (GLI), Home of the Innocents, Jefferson County Public Schools, Kentucky to the World Inc., LifeShare Technologies, ID+A Inc., Louisville’s Fund for the Arts, Louisville Girls Leadership, Louisville Metro Government, Louisville Storyteller Project, the Louisville Urban League, MXD Process, Presbyterian Women in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Inc., the Speed Art Museum and Trilogy Health Services.
Our leaders exemplify Spalding’s mission to “meet the needs of the times” by gathering “a diverse community of learners” to serve others with compassion and to promote peace and justice by changing the world of policy in a variety of fields, such as:
- social services
- the arts