Aspire to educate and transform learning with our Bachelor of Arts in Education. As part of a liberal arts university, you’ll gain a strong understanding of core principles of education in relation to human development. You will be involved in the community, growing as a compassionate teacher who will inspire learning and strengthen students’ relationships to their own communities. With your bachelor’s degree in education from our program, you’ll have a strong understanding of core content necessary to gain your initial state teaching certificate, pass your PRAXIS exam, excel in your Kentucky Teacher Internship Program (KTIP) and effectively teach.
- Elementary (P-5)
- Middle Grades (5-9)
- Secondary (8-12) – biology, chemistry, English, mathematics, social studies
- Learning Behavior Disorders (P-12)
- Gain field-based learning experience in diverse settings
- Learn theories to effectively design curriculum and assess learning
- Understand how to create a learning environment responsive to students’ diverse physical, social, cultural and intellectual needs
- Work with faculty who are engaged in our community and invested in research ranging from literacy to gang culture to brain-based learning
From traditional schools to magnet programs to private schools, your choice for classroom settings is vast.
- Performing arts
- Science, technology, engineering and math