Apply for Housing

Welcome and thank you for your interest in on-campus living at Spalding University! The goal of the Office of Housing and Residence Life is to provide a housing environment that supports the academic and social growth of the young adult student.   The structure of our programming and living arrangements is geared toward the emerging adult aged 17-25. Undergraduate, graduate and adult learners within this age range are encouraged to apply. At this time we cannot accommodate married students or students with children.

Beginning in the 2014-2015 academic year, all incoming first-year students who live beyond a 50 mile radius of campus are required to live on campus for their first two years of school.

Housing is provided on an academic year basis.  The housing contract is binding for the session in which you enter through the end of the academic year (session 6).  Early move-outs, with the exception of graduating students, are considered to have terminated the lease early and will be charged a $500 termination fee.  This applies to students who transfer to another school.  You can appeal this decision with the financial aid office.

All applications for housing during the 2014-2015 year must include a $100 housing deposit payable to Enrollment Services at 901 S 4th St., Louisville, KY 40203 or via the PayPal link at the time of application. This is an out-of-pocket expense and cannot be drawn down from scholarships or financial aid.  Room assignments will not be made without a deposit. Any applications received without a deposit will not be considered complete until a deposit is made.

Housing Costs

Housing costs for Spalding Suites 2014- 2015 per semester:

  • Single Room w/ Internal Kitchen – $3050 (upperclassmen given priority)
  • Double Room w/ Internal Kitchen– $2800 (upperclassmen given priority)
  • Single Room w/ External Kitchenette – $3000
  • Double Room w/ External Kitchenette  – $2750

Note: At this time we are only housing students in Spalding Suites.  

A Meal Plan is required for all students who live on campus.  There are two options to choose from and you may upgrade or downgrade your meal plan at the start of Session 1 or 4 only. The options are:

  • STANDARD PLAN: 10 meals/week on campus, plus $250 in Dining Dollars, $1,400/semester
  • FLEX-PLAN: 8 meals/week on campus, plus $150 in Dining Dollars, $1,200/semester

All dollars for meal plans roll over between semesters within one academic year and zero out at the end of Session 7.  You may add money to your meal plan at any time. For more information about on-campus dining visit

Non-Spalding Students

Students attending JCTC and Simmons College are welcome to apply for campus housing at Spalding University.  Spalding students who are required to live on campus are given first priority for housing.  A completed application and housing deposit will hold a spot for you should one be available.  If we are unable to accommodate you, your housing deposit will be refunded.

Submit an application using the link below.  Be sure to indicate which college or university you will be attending on the application.  To set up an account with Spalding University you will need to provide a copy of your social security card and driver’s license to the Student Accounts department located on the third floor of the Egan Leadership Center at 901 South Fourth St.  You can email a copy of these items to  You will also need to set up a payment plan with student accounts before being approved to move in.

Housing Scholarships

Egan Service Leadership Program: Those students who participate in the Egan Service Leadership Program are eligible for a scholarship to reduce the cost of housing only. Contact Audrey Cecil, Director of Civic Engagement at for more information on the Egan Service Leadership Program.

Resident Assistant: Resident Assistants are eligible for a scholarship that covers the cost of a single room and the Flex Plan dining option per semester of employment. ​You must be a sophomore or above to be eligible.  Applications for Resident Assistants are generally available in Session 4.  For more information about being a Resident Assistant contact Janelle Rae, Director of Residence Life at

Health Information

All residents are required to have health insurance, proof of immunizations and a negative TB (PPD) test within the last six months. See the application or the sidebar for more information.

Housing Notifications

For all applications received by the end of June, notifications of housing assignments will be sent via email by July 15.  For all applications received after July 1st, please allow 3 weeks to receive notification of your housing and room/suite mate assignment. If you did not receive a confirmation email after submitting your application, your application was not properly completed.  When completing the application ensure that you’ve completed every required (*) field.  A reminder that a room will not be reserved for you without a $100 housing deposit.

Submit an Application

Click here to submit your application today!