Do you desire to become a financial planner? If you have a bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline, the financial planning post-bachelor’s certificate at Spalding University will prepare you to help others manage their finances from investments, insurance, mortgages to college savings, estate planning, taxes and retirement. You’ll even be prepared to sit for the certified financial planning (CFP) exam.
- Convenient – take classes in the evening or online to accommodate your existing work schedule.
- Efficient – complete the certificate in two years or less (with transfer credits)
- Supportive – connect and network with your faculty as well as students in various industries.
This 35-credit hour certificate includes:
- 23 credit hours in accounting and financial planning courses*
- 12 credit hours in support business and economics courses
*at least 50 percent of these course must be completed at Spalding University.
Employment of personal financial advisors and planners is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026.
The median annual wage for personal financial advisors is more than $90,000.
This certificate will prepare you to work in a variety of settings, including:
- insurance companies
- investment firms
- accounting firms