The next application window will open on June 1, 2018 and close on August 1, 2018 for a January 2019 start date.
We have two entry points to the program: fall and spring.
How to Apply
You may apply online to the OTD program during the next application window. Check back on June 1 to apply.
In addition to a completed online application, we require the following items:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college – you may apply in your final year of undergraduate study
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.2
- Minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.4
- GRE Analytical Writing scores
- 20 hours of human-service related experience or observation of two different settings or populations
- Online interview
Track Your Application
If applying through Spalding’s online application system, your applicant portal “My Account” page is the place to view, update and submit information to your application. You have access to:
- Update your profile
- Submit your application
- View your application
- Upload supplemental documents required for admission
Upon submitting your application, you will be directed to a confirmation page, and you can check your application status. Your application status will change from submitted to complete once all supplemental items have been received.
You will be notified by August 23, 2018 of our admissions decision.
Early determination review
Any applicant who has a felony conviction or record containing illegal, unethical, or incompetent behaviors may jeopardize their ability to obtain certification or licensure to practice occupational therapy.
If you would answer YES to any of the questions below, you must complete the NBCOT Early Determination Review process before applying to Auerbach School of Occupational Therapy:
1. Have you ever been charged and/or convicted of a felony? (NOTE: Applicants must answer affirmatively even if convictions have been pardoned, expunged, released, or sealed.)
2. Have you ever had any professional license, registration, or certification denied, revoked, suspended, or subject to probationary conditions by a regulatory authority or certification board?
3. Have you ever been found by any court, administrative, or disciplinary proceeding to have committed negligence, malpractice, recklessness, or willful or intentional misconduct which resulted in harm to another?
4. Have you ever been suspended and/or expelled from a college or university for non-academic reasons?
A copy of the NBCOT Early Review determination results must be included with the application to the MSOT program.