Spalding University’s BFA in Creative Writing presents Literary Salon at Hillbilly Tea
Once each month on Wednesdays
Open Mic begins at 7:00 p.m. (sign-up begins 6:30)
Readings are at 7:30
120 S. 1st Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Dates and featured readers:
Wednesday, 9/3/2014: Kiki Petrosino + WORD HOTEL release party
- The BFA program is excited to release the second issue of WORD HOTEL. A number of contributors will be on hand to help us celebrate and to read from their work.
- Poet Kiki Petrosino was born in Baltimore, Maryland, the daughter of an African American mother and an Italian American father. She earned a BA from the University of Virginia, an MA in humanities from the University of Chicago, and an MFA from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop. She is the author of Fort Red Border (2009) and Hymn for the Black Terrific (2013). She teaches at the University of Louisville (Poetry Foundation).
- Sara Gorham and Jeff Skinner (Local poets/publishers extraordinaire)
- Crystal Wilkinson
Wednesday, 12/3/2014: BFA Celebration
- Adriena Dame is a writer, publisher, educator, and activist. Her quirky first book is titled The MOO: Stories and a Novella. She publishes two literary journals: 94 Creations and Iris Brown Lit Mag; teaches undergraduate creative writing courses at Spalding University, where she also earned her MFA in Writing; serves on the Kentucky Foundation for Women board; and has recently extended her creative work into the sock design business.
- Merle Bachman is a long-time poet and sometime translator and literary critic with many publications, who directs the BFA program in Creative Writing at Spalding University. Her most recent poetry collection is entitled Wrecker’s Ball.
- Makalani Bandele
- Lynnell Edwards