Join us for Spalding University’s Festival of Contemporary Writing
The festival will feature readings by faculty, guests, and alumni of Spalding University’s brief-residency Master of Fine Arts in Writing program. All readings are free, ticketless, and open to the public.
Festival of Contemporary Writing events will be held May 18-25, 2013 at the Brown Hotel (335 W. Broadway) and at Spalding’s Egan Leadership Center Lectorium (901 S. Fourth St.), as noted. Plenty of free parking is available for the campus readings. Authors may or may not read from the work listed.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
11:15 am – 12:30 pm
Brown Hotel, 16th floor, Gallery
- Larry Brenner (dramatic writing), Saving Throw Versus Love; Bethlehem
- Rachel Harper (fiction), Brass Ankle Blues
- Roy Hoffman (creative nonfiction), Alabama Afternoons: Profiles and Conversations
- Shane McCrae (poetry), Blood
- Kirby Gann (fiction), Ghosting
Charlie Schulman (dramatic writing), The Fartiste; Frankenswine
The reading schedule may change without notice. Check the website for updated information: spalding.edu/mfa. For more information, call 502-873-4400 or 800-896-8941, ext. 4400, or email email@example.com.