Join us for Spalding University’s Festival of Contemporary Writing
The festival will feature readings by faculty, guests, and alumni of Spalding University’s brief-residency Master of Fine Arts in Writing program. All readings are free, ticketless, and open to the public.
Festival of Contemporary Writing events will be held May 18-25, 2013 at the Brown Hotel (335 W. Broadway) and at Spalding’s Egan Leadership Center Lectorium (901 S. Fourth St.), as noted. Plenty of free parking is available for the campus readings. Authors may or may not read from the work listed.
Sunday, May 19, 2013
5:15 pm – 6:30 pm
Brown Hotel, 16th floor, Gallery
Celebration of Recently Published Books by Faculty
- Eric Schmiedl (playwriting), The Kardiac Kid
- Elaine Orr (fiction), A Different Sun: A Novel of Africa
- Gabriel Dean (playwriting), The Transition of Doodle Pequeño
- David-Matthew Barnes (playwriting; writing for children & young adults), Relocations; Wonderland
- Introductions by Sena Jeter Naslund. Book signing to follow. Books provided by Carmichael’s Bookstore.
The reading schedule may change without notice. Check the website for updated information: spalding.edu/mfa. For more information, call 502-873-4400 or 800-896-8941, ext. 4400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.