Join us for Spalding University’s Festival of Contemporary Writing
The festival will feature readings by faculty, guests, and alumni of Spalding University’s brief-residency Master of Fine Arts in Writing program. All readings are free, ticketless, and open to the public.
Festival of Contemporary Writing events will be held May 18-25, 2013 at the Brown Hotel (335 W. Broadway) and at Spalding’s Egan Leadership Center Lectorium (901 S. Fourth St.), as noted. Plenty of free parking is available for the campus readings. Authors may or may not read from the work listed.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
5:15 pm – 6:15 pm
Brown Hotel, 16th floor, Gallery
- Leslie Daniels (fiction), Cleaning Nabokov’s House
- Pete Duval (fiction), Rear View: Stories
- Maureen Morehead (poetry), Late August Blues: The Daylily Poems
- John Pipkin (fiction), Woodsburner
- Helena Kriel (screenwriting), Skin
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Featured Author. The Diana M. Raab Distinguished Writer in Residence: Tim O’Brien, author of The Things They Carried. Welcome and introduction by Sena Jeter Naslund. Book signing to follow. Books provided by Carmichael’s Bookstore.
The reading schedule may change without notice. Check the website for updated information: spalding.edu/mfa. For more information, call 502-873-4400 or 800-896-8941, ext. 4400, or email email@example.com.