Federal Direct Loan Entrance & Exit Counseling
All students who borrow a Federal Direct Student Loan and/or Graduate PLUS loan are required to complete both Entrance and Exit Counseling. Entrance Counseling will explain the Direct Loan obligation you agree to meet as a condition for receiving a Federal Direct Loan. Exit Counseling provides useful tips and information to help you manage your loans.
To complete online Loan Entrance Counseling:
- Go to: StudentLoans.gov
- Sign in using your social security number, first two characters of your last name, date of birth and your PIN used to sign your FAFSA
- Follow the instructions and read information carefully. Complete the four step process (should take you around 30 minutes to complete).
To complete Exit Counseling:
- Go to:StudentLoans.gov
- Click on Exit Counseling
- Click on Start and follow steps to login page
- Enter your social security number, first two characters of your last name, date of birth and your PIN used to sign your FAFSA
- Follow the instructions and read the information carefully
- To process the paper version of Exit Counseling, schedule an appointment for an Exit Interview with Financial Aid Officer Kelly Durst at 502-873-4330. Please bring the completed Exit Loan Counseling form with you.
Exit Counseling will walk you through your rights and responsibilities as well as provide useful information regarding repayment options, debt management strategies, forbearance, deferment, cancellation options, and consolidation. Loan Exit Counseling must be completed prior to graduation or if enrollment falls below half time status. Diplomas will not be released until Exit Counseling is complete.