Graduate assistantships provide tuition remission to a limited number of graduate students, who do not work at other jobs full time. Assistantships offer on-campus work placement in academic and University offices.
- Students are required to work a predetermined number of hours directly proportional to the cost of the tuition remitted.
- Placement of students is decided by matching their skills and interests with the needs of the faculty and supervisors. Suitable matches are made whenever possible, but are subject to need and availability.
- Students and their assigned supervisors will be responsible for the creation of a work schedule and the submission of monthly timesheets.
- Assistantships are awarded for the fall semester (July – December) and are renewable for the spring semester (January – June); renewal is contingent upon a performance evaluation by the supervisor.
- Renewal of an assistantship for any ensuing academic year is not automatic; students must submit an application and updated CV/resume to the Office of the Provost each academic year.
We are now accepting applications to the Graduate Assistantship program for 2015-16. Please click here to access the Graduate Assistanship Application for 2015-16.
Please fill out the application and send a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org along with scanned copy of your current CV/resume.
If you don’t have a scanner you may deliver your application and CV or resume to:
Office of the Provost
845 S. Third Street
Louisville, KY, 40203-2188.
For further information, please contact the Pat Spaulding by phone at 502.585.7101.