Financial Aid for Graduate Students

Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens may use federal student loans to help finance their doctoral studies.  No grants or fellowships are available through Spalding University.

Federal student loans for graduate students are available to most U.S. citizens unless they have defaulted on previous student loans or have reached the lifetime limit. (See for a discussion of the limits.) Full-time graduate students are usually eligible to borrow up to $20,500 per year (usually split between 2 semesters per year). 

Prospective students who are interested in financial aid though student loans must submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form.  The form is available at  The Spalding University school code is 001960.

Please Note:  The FAFSA form should be filled out as soon as possible in the application process.  Spalding’s Financial Aid Office cannot provide financial aid package information until the applicant has submitted a program application, a FAFSA form, and has been accepted into the Program.  Once accepted, students may contact a Spalding Financial Aid Specialist at (502-873-4333 or (800-896-8941, extension 4333).