Advance your clinical nursing skills in our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN-FNP) program. Our 45 credit hours program will prepare you for the advanced nursing practice role of a family nurse practitioner, whether you have a BSN or a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field. Our program–the oldest family nurse practioner program in the city–is deeply connected to Louisville’s thriving medical community. The skills you learn in class and clinicals can translate to opportunities in the field of nursing. Throughout our more than 20 year history, we have consistently had a board examination pass rate of 95 percent or greater.
- Study full time (3 classes) or part time (1 class) with our flexible scheduling; classes meet on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Benefit from clinical placements arranged by dedicated faculty
- Gain diagnostic reasoning and clinical skills with 750 clinical and 20 professional hours outside of the classroom
- Enhance your learning with interactive health assessment modules and presentations
- Take courses in pharmacology
- Apply at any time with our rolling admissions (classes start every May)
- Skip taking the GRE if you have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
More than 95% of Spalding MSN graduates pass their board certification on the first try–a pass rate greater than the national average.
Employment of advanced practice nurse practitioners is predicted to grow 31 percent through 2022.
U.S. News & World Report ranks nurse practitioner #2 in The 100 Best Jobs.
Our graduates work in a variety of primary care settings, including:
- Self-owned practices
- National health service corps
- Public health clinics
- Emergency departments
- Pediatric practices
- Occupational health settings