Make a lasting investment
Your planned gift will help us carry out our mission for many years ahead. You can give a future gift through your estate or an immediate gift that returns income. You’ll enjoy significant tax savings while providing for a cause that’s meaningful to you.
How to give
- Bequest: You designate our organization as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust or beneficiary designation form.
- IRA Rollover: Congress has enacted a permanent IRA charitable rollover. As a result, you can make an IRA rollover gift this year and in future years.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts: You can designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account or your life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: You transfer your cash or appreciated property to our organization in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust: You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with fixed income for life or a term of years.
- Charitable Lead Trust: You fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
- Sale and Unitrust: You give a portion of your property to us to fund a charitable remainder trust, when the property sells you receive cash and income for life.
- Bargain Sale: We purchase your property for less than fair market value. You receive cash and a charitable deduction for the difference between the market value and purchase price.
- Give it Twice Trust: You provide your children with a stream of income while making a gift to charity.
- Life Estate Reserved: You give your property to our organization but retain the right to use the property during your life.
What to give
- Gifts of Stocks and Bonds: Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to our organization.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property can make a great gift to our organization.
- Gifts of Retirement Assets: Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets such as a gift from your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan is an excellent way to make a gift to our organization.
- Gifts of Cash: A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift.
- Gifts of Insurance: A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to charity. If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
Please note: While Spalding personnel may work with donors to further their charitable, financial and estate planning goals, donors are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the proposed gift furthers those goals. Donors are encouraged to seek the advice of independent legal, tax and financial counsel in the gift planning process. Spalding does not provide legal or tax advice.