Alumni Relations and Annual Fund Coordinator
The Alumni Relations and Annual Fund Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to develop a tactical matrix of solicitation strategies, involving strategic communication vehicles such as email, direct mail, print marketing, phone calls, letters and volunteer engagement. These efforts will be focused on shaping
a sustainable tradition of annual support and work closely with the Marketing Department to execute the process. The supervisor provides direction to the coordinator who manages the integrated strategic communications timeline, with the goal of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals of University Advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall direction of the Chief Advancement Officer and direct supervision of the Manager, Advancement Services and Data Support, the Alumni Relations and Annual Fund Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all contact and services to university alumni. Specific activities include developing and managing communication and activities of the Alumni Ambassador program and a liaison to the Alumni Leadership Council, implementation of alumni benefits and maintenance of alumni records.
- Manages and develops Spalding Alumni Association programs to build and cultivate alumni involvement of Spalding University, resulting in a greater sense of alumni loyalty and higher levels of alumni financial support.
- Plans, creates, implements, manages, and evaluates colleagues on all Advancement Events. Identify segments of the alumni population who will be targeted for gifts.
- Develop strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward target populations.
- Works with Manager, Advancement Services and Data Support to analyze giving trends for target segments and monitor progress towards goals.
- Identifies those alumni who are appropriate for cultivation and solicitation at higher levels, and passes such information along to Chief Advancement Officer and Manager of Development.
- Works closely with the Marketing Department to develop letters, brochures, stewardship materials, training materials for volunteers and staff, and other materials needed to support these activities.
- Designs and manages alumni reunion and other social activities for the alumni association that support the development and alumni cultivation priorities of the institution.
- Maintains regular communication with Deans and Chairs to identify alumni for volunteer, recognition, cultivations, and mentoring opportunities.
- Works with Deans and Chairs to build alumni affiliation opportunities within the departments and to develop school and college alumni groups where appropriate. Manages all communications with alumni, both print, electronic and any social media pertaining to the Spalding Alumni Association and its activities (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of experience.
- Basic understanding of marketing/communication of fundraising activities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good decision making skills.
- Computer literate, able to learn new systems quickly with training. Team participation and interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working hours may fluctuate based upon university and Advancement deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and skilled at time management.
- Work is generally performed in a typical interior/office work environment but occasionally requires local travel and off site event management.
- Work occasionally requires lifting, walking, and standing.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Comfortable making mass solicitation and follow up phone calls.
- Must be highly organized and communication driven.
- Function in a professional manner, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Perform as an effective team member, managing a variety of projects at the same time.
How to apply
To apply, please electronically submit your resume along with a letter of interest to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Nestled in the midst of Kentucky’s largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high-quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves nearly 2200 students at the bachelors’, masters and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies. Faculty, staff and students are united by the institutional mission:
Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice.
With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique 6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status.
NOTE: All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening as well as a criminal background check.