Campus Safety Officer
Spalding University Department of Public Safety has an immediate opening for a full-time Public Safety Officer. Responsibilities include working as directed by the Director of Public Safety to ensure a safe campus for students, faculty and staff. Positions are scheduled for three shifts: 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 pm.; and then 10: p.m. to 6:00 a.m. However, applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Checks and secures buildings including authorized admittance and completes building patrols as directed.
- Reports on thefts, acts of violence, and violations of local laws and campus regulations.
- Patrols campus for any unusual situations that could endanger the University community.
- Enforces Traffic Control and Traffic Regulations including assisting disabled vehicles.
- Safeguards all campus properties and human life.
- Maintains good order and discipline throughout all University facilities at all times following established guidelines.
- Administers first aid/CPR (if certified) to injured persons until the arrival of EMS units.
- Works to prevent vandalism, fire/hazard occurrences and provides other safety awareness.
- Provides security for athletic/other functions as directed by the Director of Public Safety.
- Directs building evacuations in the event of fire, bomb threats, or natural disaster.
- Performs duties within scope of responsibility of assigned position. All matters beyond that immediate scope should be referred to the Director of Public Safety.
- Performs all duties with proper attention to improving public relations between the University community and local law enforcement agencies as a whole.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience in law enforcement, military or two years of security or corrections experience preferred. Selected applicants must have a valid driver’s license. Knowledge of CPR and first aid is a plus.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extensive amount of time patrolling the campus
How to apply
To apply, please electronically submit your resume along with a letter of interest to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Nestled in the midst of Kentucky’s largest city, historic Spalding University combines a rich history and a commitment to community service as we attract students who desire a high-quality education in a very personalized setting. An engaged faculty serves nearly 2200 students at the bachelors’, masters and doctoral levels, providing quality, real-world learning in liberal and professional studies. Faculty, staff and students are united by the institutional mission:
Spalding University is a diverse community of learners dedicated to meeting the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth through quality undergraduate and graduate liberal and professional studies, grounded in spiritual values, with emphasis on service and the promotion of peace and justice.
With a focus on community service and leadership, Spalding offers all students a mission-driven connection to community and comprehensive learning resources while striking a distinctive balance serving the educational needs of both the traditional student and the working adult. In addition, our unique 6-week session delivery format affords students needed scheduling flexibility amidst other life responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Spalding University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. It is the University’s policy not to discriminate against any individual or group of individuals and to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status or other protected status.
NOTE: All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening as well as a criminal background check.