If you desire to work in healthcare systems or organizations providing health-related services to individuals, groups or communities, then the Bachelor of Science in Health Science degree is designed for you. Discover your passions within the healthcare field through hands-on experiential learning. Additionally, you will be prepared to transition to one of our graduate programs in occupational therapy, athletic training or nursing.
- Gain understanding of the U.S. health care system and your role within it
- Engage with and support diverse populations through health and wellness
- Develop professional, communication and leadership skills necessary for a career in health care
- Experience hands-on learning through fieldwork and community-based service learning programs
Healthcare occupations are projected to grow 19 percent from 2014 to 2024, adding about 2.3 million new jobs.
Spalding is home to the first accredited professional master’s program in athletic training in the state of Kentucky and the only master’s level occupational therapy training program in Metro Louisville.
Graduates with a bachelor’s in health science work in a variety of health care settings, including:
- health care administration
- public health agencies
- insurance companies
- community organizations
- rehabilitation facilities
- health care coaching