What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Information you give us, such as personally identifiable information (e.g. name, email address, phone number, etc.).
- Information automatically collected through technology (cookies and related technologies) and your use of our websites, services, applications and partner services. This includes anonymous demographics, information about your website visits, activity and interactions, and details about your computer hardware and software.
- Information from other organizations, partners or third-party data providers (e.g. admissions transcripts, list buys, etc.).
Before or at the time of collecting your personally identifiable information, we let you know the purpose for which your information is being collected. You may choose to not provide personal information, however, it may prevent you from being able to use or access certain services, promotions or products.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the information that we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register, sign up, order or apply for any of our products or services (admission applications, requests for information, campus visits, events, etc.).
- Email us for more information.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or email us feedback.
- Use or view our website or affiliate sites via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive our data indirectly from the following sources:
- Google and Google Analytics
- Third-party partners, such as Facebook, Capture, NextRoll, etc. (see third-party partners) and their cookies, tracking pixels and other related technologies (see Cookies and Related Technologies)
In general, we use your data to conduct the following business operations and communications:
- Provide the products and/or services that you have requested.
- Manage your account(s).
- Monitor, operate and optimize our website’s functionality.
- Customize content based on your preferences and behaviors.
- Track and measure how you use the site to serve targeted, relevant advertising to you on other websites, social platforms and devices.
- Communicate with and inform you of the programs, products or services available from Spalding and our partners.
- Collect aggregate and de-identified data and analytics.
We may share information with vendors and partners who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing the Spalding community, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, we do not sell personally identifiable information to third parties for their own use.
How do we store your data?
We strive to keep personal data in our records only as long as necessary for the purposes they were collected and processed. See our Record Retention Policy for more information.
How do we protect your data?
Your privacy is very important to us. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Cookies are small data files, served by the platform and stored on your device, that collect standard internet information and visitor behavior information.
- SiteImprove (see SiteImprove’s Privacy and Security)
- Nextroll (see NextRoll’s Privacy Notice)
- Ellucian CRM (see Ellucian’s Privacy Notice)
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies by navigating to your browser’s settings and blocking third party cookies. For mobile, you can limit ad tracking or reset the advertiser identifier in the privacy settings on your mobile device. To disable tracking by Google Analytics, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You can also opt-out of seeing personalized ads from third party sources by using the NAI Consumer Opt-out Tool.
Privacy of other websites
What are your data protection rights?
Some of your data rights include 1) the right to be informed about how Spalding University is using and sharing your personal data; 2) the right to access your information; 3) the right to have your data modified or corrected; 4) the right to have your data erased or deleted; 5) and the right to restrict, object to or withdraw consent for how your data is processed for marketing purposes or otherwise. However, by choosing not to provide personal information, it may prevent you from being able to use or access certain services, promotions or products. You also have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Civil Code section 1798.83 entitles you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of information to third-party partners or request that we refrain from sharing information with our affiliates and third parties for marketing purposes. You may send any such requests to email@example.com.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
How to contact us
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of this Web Site.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Spalding University’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Spalding University’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Spalding University at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
a. The materials on Spalding University’s web site are provided “as is”. Spalding University makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Spalding University does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Spalding University or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Spalding University’s Internet site, even if Spalding University or a Spalding University authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Spalding University’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Spalding University does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Spalding University may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Spalding University does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Spalding University has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Spalding University of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to Spalding University’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky without regard to its conflict of law provisions.