The MSBC Graduate program requires that applicants complete a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited college or university before beginning graduate studies. In addition, the applicant is required to supply personal contact information, demographic data, information about academic background, and other facts pertinent to determining qualifications for graduate study.
- Completed Online MSBC Graduate Application and $30 Application Fee – Applicants should visit www.spalding.edu and click the “Apply Now” button. Once the application is complete, applicants will be prompted to pay the application fee and upload the following supplemental materials:
- Official Transcripts from ALL prior institutions – Transcripts marked “issued to student” or any transcripts hand-delivered by the applicant will not be accepted. Mailing Address: Spalding Admissions, ATTN: MSBC Program, 901 S. Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40203; Electronic Delivery: Spalding Admissions, email@example.com
- Writing Sample: Personal Essay – The following questions are to be answered in a typed, double-spaced, two- to three-page essay. Please provide thoughtful responses.
1. What are your long-term career aspirations, and how would a Master’s in Business Communication help you to accomplish those?
2. What has been the most difficult hurdle in your life, and how did you work through it?
3. Beyond contacting your professor, discuss how you worked through a situation where you were uncertain with a particular undergraduate course or academic assignment.
4. Discuss how you intend to manage your course load in addition to the demands of your daily life.
5. If you do not have a business undergraduate degree, please describe how your work experience or training has prepared you for graduate business studies.
- A resumé or CV – Applicants with a GPAs below 3.0 but higher than 2.8 must demonstrate through the application process that they are adequately prepared for graduate-level work.If the applicant wishes to apply for financial aid, they must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. Financial Aid applications should be completed as soon as possible after October 1st. Spalding’s school code is 001960. Please contact Sean Campbell, Financial Aid Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 873-4331.
Questions about the application process should be directed to the email@example.com or 502-585-7120.
International Applicants – We welcome international applicants. Please be aware that there may be documents required in addition to those listed above. For more information about these documents, please contact Christopher Hart, Chief of Staff and Dean of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-873-4179.
Track your application
Our ‘My Account’ applicant portal page is the place to view, update and submit information to your application. You have access to:
- Update your profile
- Submit your application
- View your application
- Upload additional supplemental documents required for admission
Upon submitting your application, you will receive an email acknowledgment with further instructions regarding items needed for admission to the university.
If you did not receive this message please check your spam folder. To make sure you receive all electronic communication from us, please add spalding.edu to your safe sender and/or contacts list.
You will be notified by letter in the mail of our admissions decision.