Post-professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate
Offering options for online leadership study or hybrid upper extremity rehabilitation.
The post-professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) tracks at Spalding University will prepare you to advance either as a leader in the field of occupational therapy or as a highly skilled practitioner in the field of upper extremity therapy. Both 30-credit-hour tracks are designed for licensed occupational therapy practitioners who want to progress to the doctoral level.
The leadership track is offered entirely online and offers advanced practice with a focus on leadership, administration and policy development in the field of occupational therapy.
This specialized OTD in Upper Extremity Rehabilitation is offered in a hybrid (online and lecture) format and focuses on the advanced practice of upper extremity rehabilitation.
- 30 credit hours
- Leadership track: four 13-week trimesters + self-directed capstone
- Upper extremity rehabilitation track: five 13-week courses + self-directed capstone
- Tuition discounts available for Spalding OT alums and Kindred Rehabilitation Services or Rehab employees
- Enter the leadership track at the start of any trimester throughout the academic year.
- Engage in active inquiry, critical thinking, and reflective practice.
- Enhance your professional goals and excite your interests with a self-directed, evidence-based practice capstone.
More about our Kindred Partnership
If you are an employee of Kindred Rehabilitation Services, you are eligible for a discount on tuition for Spalding’s post-professional OTD, which is authorized in all states except California. For more information about the discount, please reach out to your employer.