Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate
The post-professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) at Spalding University will prepare you to advance as a leader in the field of occupational therapy. The 30-credit-hour program is designed for licensed occupational therapy practitioners who want to progress to the doctoral level. It is offered entirely online and offers advanced practice with a focus on leadership, administration and policy development in the field of occupational therapy.
- 30 credit hours
- Four 13-week trimesters + self-directed capstone
- Tuition discounts available for Spalding OT alumni and employees of our Community Partners (see more information below)
- 100% online
Our faculty of doctorally-prepared experts specialize in a variety of fields, including upper extremity rehabilitation, tele-health, pediatric oncology and autism spectrum disorder. You’ll work closely with your faculty mentors to customize your program of study, fieldwork and capstone to your professional interests.
As a practitioner and doctoral student, you’ll be setup for success. You’ll take one online course per trimester (13 weeks), allowing you to dedicate yourself to your studies without sacrificing your career. We’ll guide you through the program with a unit-by-unit breakdown of course content. Your online learning will be robust and engaging:
- Engage in instructor-led discussions.
- Interact with other students virtually.
- Have access to resources, including audio and video materials.
- Enhance your learning and test your knowledge with online readings and quizzes.
- Begin your OTD program at the start of any trimester throughout the academic year
- Engage in active inquiry, critical thinking, and reflective practice
- Enhance your professional goals and excite your interests with a self-directed, evidence-based practice capstone
ASOT uses the online continuing education platform, Teachable, to disseminate students’ presentations and scholarly work. Learners may select from a library of unique presentations and earn free CEUs in the process.
If you are an employee of one of Spalding University’s Community Partners, you may be eligible for a discount on tuition for Spalding’s post-professional OTD. Please see our list of current community partnerships.