Be an advocate for your students and assist in developing the whole person through academic and social-emotional supports and career guidance. You will complete this program with the knowledge to help students meet their highest academic, personal and social potential. The Master of Arts in School Counseling combines coursework with field experience to provide a professional-ready education in a flexible, manageable timeframe.
The SC program is an 11-course (33 credit hour) online program that provides individuals with an in-depth orientation of the role of a P-12 school counselor. Every course has 10 hours of clinical field experience that must be completed under the supervision of a certified counselor. The master’s program is completed in 12-14 months and meets the certification requirements for school counselors in Kentucky. Up to 12 hours of graduate-level credit hours may be transferred into the program (with university approval).
- EPSB-approved program for Provisional and Standard Counseling Certification
- Master of Education for Kentucky Rank II or Rank I Certification
- Gain 100 hours of counseling experience during a supervised practicum
- Develop the skills necessary to facilitate high-level learning and counseling for all students
- Learn how to provide individualized support to a diverse population of students
- Apply counseling and development theories and research to school practice
Visit the program’s listing in the catalog to download a PDF of the program sheet: