Whether or not you plan to take federal aid, it’s important that you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your student aid report can help us determine if you are eligible for other types of aid.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to file your FAFSA:
- Create your FSA ID to e-sign the FAFSA. If you are dependent, as defined by FAFSA, your parent or guardian will need to create a separate FSA ID.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Spalding’s school code is 001960.
- After your data has been submitted, the U.S. Department of Education will notify Spalding of your application.
- You will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education when your FAFSA has been processed.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email reminder from the U.S. Department of Education to renew your FAFSA.
What to expect
You will receive a financial aid award letter after we have obtained all required documents and information. The award letter will detail the types of aid you are eligible to receive. New students will receive their award letters by mail. Returning students will access their award letter through the student portal.
We’re here to help you navigate the financial aid process. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502-873-4335.