Financial Aid FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

What to know about financial aid at Spalding

We’ve compiled the top list of questions that we get from students about the financial aid process. If you have a question that you do not see listed in our FAQ, please email our financial aid team or give us a call at (502) 873-4330.

How do I pay my enrollment fee?

You can pay an enrollment fee online.

My financial aid is not enough to cover my tuition costs. How do I pay the difference?

If your financial aid is not enough to cover the costs, you are responsible for the charges that remain. You can search for outside scholarships, private student loans or if you are a dependent student, a parent plus loan. Another option is to set up an interest-free payment plan that splits the out of pocket cost into equal installments across the semester.

How will I be billed for tuition?

As a student, you may view and print statements in the student portal. Tuition is due by the first day of class each semester.  If you have questions about your billing statement, you can contact the Bursar’s Office at

How do I make a payment?

You can make a tuition payment through the student portal under Billing Info.

I am a returning student. How will I receive my financial aid offer?

As a returning student, you will receive your aid notices electronically. Once the FAFSA is filed and all required paperwork (verification or other requested documents) is submitted, the financial aid office will review and award students accordingly. You will be able to access your financial aid offer in the student portal.

When and how will I receive my refund check?

If you receive financial aid that is greater than your student account balance, you will receive a residual check from the Student Finance Office. Financial aid is processed weekly beginning with the second week of each semester. Residual funds will begin going out to students the third week of each semester.  You can opt for direct deposit into a personal bank account through Web Advisor in the student portal. Checks are not available for pick up.

How do I get a copy of my 1098T form for taxes?

The 1098T form can be retrieved in the student portal. If you have questions about the 1098T, please contact the Bursar’s Office at

I would like to take summer classes. How does financial aid work for that semester?

Summer semester is the beginning of each financial year at Spalding University. If awarded financial aid for summer, this will change the amount that you will receive in the fall and spring. The annual award is divided over 3 semesters instead of 2. It is recommended that you meet with your financial aid counselor if taking summer classes to ensure you will have enough aid for the entire financial aid year.

My loans say that they do not meet eligibility in the student finance section of my student portal. What do I need to do?

First, make sure that you are enrolled in classes at least half time for that semester. Next, make sure that you complete the Master Promissory Note and entrance loan counseling that is required by the Department of Education.

My application for graduation requires me to complete exit counseling. How do I do that?

If you have taken out student loans and are graduating, you must complete exit loan counseling. Even if you have completed your bachelor’s degree and are continuing towards a master’s degree, you must complete exit counseling.  This does not affect your loans and will not trigger repayment. It is a literacy requirement for student loan borrowers. You can set an appointment with your counselor to complete this in person or you can complete the exit counseling online.

Contact us

We’re here to help you navigate the financial aid process. If you have any questions, please call:

Office of Financial Aid

(502) 873-4330.