Skip to content

See our Return to Campus plan and guidelines for staying Healthy Together at Spalding.


Types of aid

Here is a brief overview of the types of aid available to you:


Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need or academic merit. Our scholarship coordinator is passionate about helping you find institutional or outside scholarships that meet your qualifications. Learn more about scholarships.


Grants are federal or state awards that help cover the cost of educational expenses. This type of aid does not have to be repaid. Learn more about grants.


Loans are available from the federal government and other private resources. This type of aid must be repaid on terms agreed upon by your lender. Learn more about loans.

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study program is for undergraduate students. This type of aid provides payment for part-time, on- and off-campus employment.

Graduate assistantships

Assistantships are campus-affiliated work placements that provide tuition remission to graduate students. Graduate students apply for assistantships each spring for the following academic year, which begins July 1.  Begin the graduate assistantship application. For more information, email Graduate Dean’s Office.

VA benefits

VA benefits are financial assistance provided by the Department of Veteran Affairs. If you are a veteran, you should first contact the Department of Veteran Affairs to determine your eligibility. Once you have your certificate of eligibility, you can contact our Office of Financial Aid.

If you are a child or surviving spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty, you can call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ VA Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551 (select Option 5) to discuss your education benefits as a GI Bill® beneficiary. Agents will be available Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm CST.

*GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)*


Contact us

We’re here to help you navigate the financial aid process. If you have any questions, please call the Office of Financial Aid at (502) 873-4330