The Master of Education (MEd) in Instructional Leadership provides coursework for candidates interested in initial school principal certification in Kentucky. This 30-hour program meets the requirements for Kentucky Level 1 Principal Certification and Rank II or Rank I teacher certification. The program combines relevant and engaging coursework, school-based clinical field experiences, and access to former and current school leaders and administrators to deliver a high-quality and relevant examination of the work of a school leader.
- EPSB-approved Master’s degree program for Level 1 Principal Certification and Rank II or Rank I teacher certification.
- 9-week terms that enable a master’s degree to be completed in one year.
- Develop the skills and dispositions necessary to:
- design and evaluate school-based instructional programs,
- promote a strong and equitable school culture,
- develop and support instructional and support staff,
- manage school operations,
- leverage school and community resources, and
- facilitate school improvement planning
- School-based clinical field experiences under the supervision of a mentor principal
- Hybrid schedule that combines face-to-face, online, and lab courses
Visit the program’s listing in the course catalog, to download a PDF of the program sheet: