Whether or not you plan to take federal aid, it’s important that you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your student aid report can help us determine if you are eligible for other types of aid.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to file your FAFSA:
- Create your FSA ID to e-sign the FAFSA. If you are dependent, as defined by FAFSA, your parent or guardian will need to create a separate FSA ID.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Spalding’s school code is 001960.
- After your data has been submitted, the U.S. Department of Education will notify Spalding of your application.
- You will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education when your FAFSA has been processed.
- If you are a returning student, you will receive an email reminder from the U.S. Department of Education to renew your FAFSA.
You are eligible for financial aid if you…
- Are a citizen, national or a permanent resident of the United States or other eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent (i.e. a GED).
- Are enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Are making satisfactory progress toward a degree, certificate, or other recognized educational credential.
- Are not in default on any Title IV loan-Federal Perkins, Federal Stafford, Federal Supplemental (SLS), or Federal Plus.
- Do not owe a repayment on any Title IV grants-Federal Pell, or Federal SEOG.
- Have not borrowed in excess of annual or lifetime aggregate limits on Title IV loans.
- Meet the requirements as defined by individual programs.
- Do not have federal benefits suspended due to a drug offense conviction.
- If you are a male student, you must register with the Selective Service System.
What to expect
You will receive a financial aid award letter after we have obtained all required documents and information. The award letter will detail the types of aid you are eligible to receive. New students will receive their award letters by mail. Returning students will access their award letter through the student portal.
We’re here to help you navigate the financial aid process. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502-873-4330