The health and wellness of our campus community is our top priority. Here are some of the key measures we can all take to ensure a safe return to campus and to prevent the spread.
Check your health daily.
Take your temperature.
Before taking the daily health assessment and coming to campus, students, faculty, staff and visitors need to take their temperature.
Complete the health assessment.
Every person in our learning community is required to use #CampusClear, a daily health assessment self-screening app to gain access to buildings on campus.
- Download at Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create an account using your university email
- Make sure to enable notifications
- Self-screen daily (#CampusClear will send 1 daily reminder notification)
Personal Protection Equipment
Wear a mask.
Face masks must be worn indoors at all times, except for when you’re alone in private spaces, offices and residential rooms. Masks are also strongly encouraged in outdoor settings in which you’re near others. (Watch Dr. Stack’s Mask Message for Kentucky Colleges and Universities .)
How to wear your mask correctly (from the CDC):
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
The Campus Store will be selling Spalding-branded masks.
Wash your hands often.
Frequently washing your hands protects you and others by helping to prevent the spread of germs and viruses.
- Wash before and after visiting public places, eating, using the restroom, sneezing, coughing, blowing your nose, etc.
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
Maintain social distance.
Keep at least 6 feet apart.
Campus classrooms, community areas, dining and residence halls have been reconfigured to promote social distancing.
- Classroom capacities have been lowered and classroom seating will be arranged for physical distance.
- Wayfinding and directional signs
- On-campus meals will be packaged for carry-out with limited capacity seating at the Spalding Café
Health and Wellness Questions