Earn your post-professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) 100% online.
About our post-professional DPT
Our online post-professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is a 30-credit-hour program is for licensed, practicing physical therapists who desire lifelong learning, engagement, and leadership in their field. Spalding’s School of Physical Therapy offers both the post-professional DPT as well as an entry-level DPT program. So, you’ll not only gain degree parity with physical therapists who graduate from entry-level DPT programs but you’ll also receive a current body of knowledge and skills that can be directly applied to in your career.
- You can start in any semester, and most classes can be taken in any order.
- Program length based on transfer credits (may be eligible to transfer up to 10 hrs).
- You’ll learn with and from physical therapy clinicians from around the country.
- You’ll work with a skilled and caring faculty who have online teaching experience.
- 100% online format
- 20 credit hours
- Online classes and lectures (18 credit hours)
- Capstone (2 credit hours)
- 10 students per cohort
- Rolling admissions
We will begin accepting applications in summer 2021. Tell us a little bit about yourself and we’ll let you know when our application opens.
Rich, Diverse Online Learning
Spalding’s post-professional DPT program provides a rich, diverse online learning community. You’ll work with and engage in shared learning with other physical therapists who practice in a variety of settings all over the country. Our faculty have decades of clinical practice and are certified in a variety of specialties, including pediatrics and geriatrics. They use innovative teaching and learning strategies to meet the diverse needs of students they teach.
Sign up to learn more about our program.
The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) does not apply to post-professional physical therapy programs.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|DPT 731||Diagnostics and Pharmacology I||1|
|DPT 832||Diagnostics and Pharmacology II||2|
|DPT 833||Diagnostics and Pharmacology III||2|
|DPT 834||Diagnostics and Pharmacology IV||2|
|DPT 851||Critical Inquiry I||2|
|DPT 852||Critical Inquiry II||2|
|DPT 953||Critical Inquiry III||3|
|DPT 992||Teaching and Learning in Physical Therapy||2|
|DPT 993||Special Topics in Physical Therapy||2|
|DPT 994||Capstone in Physical Therapy Practice||2|
We will begin accepting applications in 2023. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
In the meantime, we encourage you to tell us about yourself, and we’ll be in touch with more program information.
As an applicant to Spalding’s post-professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) you must submit a graduate application and show evidence of the following:
- You are a graduate of a CAPTE accredited physical therapy program and/or equivalency as determined by the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT).
- You hold a current license to practice physical therapy in any US state or jurisdiction.