Humanities at Spalding
Excite your curiosity for art, literature, philosophy and religion and expand your understanding of the world.Earn your humanities degree from Spalding University—a top-5 college in Kentucky (College Choice). Our Bachelor of Arts in Humanities emphasizes peace and justice, community engagement and career preparation. As a humanities major, you'll take courses that take a deeper look at human society and culture, expanding your awareness and understanding of diversity. In addition, you'll gain the self-assurance, adaptability and problem-solving skills to meet the needs of an ever-changing workplace. Learn more about our program.
You’ll work with your humanities advisor to create a plan that is personally interesting and professionally relevant to you.
You can use your elective hours towards a minor that matches your career goals. Your options include these and other minors:
- African-American studies
- Film studies
- Creative entrepreneurship
- Social work
- Business administration
- We offer on-campus classes as well as some online course content.
- Our coursework prepares you to exercise leadership and make a difference in the world.
- You’ll have access to study abroad opportunities.
- We help you to develop and practice research methods through a capstone project.
- The required internship, which can be tailored to your interests, provides valuable career preparation.
Whether you are new to college or returning to school, our six-week block schedule makes it easy to earn your bachelor’s degree in four years or less.
Our interdisciplinary humanities degree prepares you for a wide range of career choices or graduate studies, including teaching, business and social work.
In fact, you may find one of Spalding’s graduate programs to be the perfect complement to your humanities degree.
Graduates of our program work as teachers, webpage developers, small business owners, career consultants, public radio hosts and in numerous non-profit organizations.
More about our program
Gain valuable skills as a humanities major.
Through our integrated curriculum, you’ll develop a well-rounded skill set and the know-how to stand out in your field of choice.
- You’ll develop key critical thinking, communication and analytical abilities.
- You’ll form an empathic understanding of ethical, social and cultural issues.
- You’ll expand your appreciation of art forms as cultural achievements.
- You’ll be encouraged to think creatively, originally and unconventionally.
Earn your humanities degree in 120 credit hours.
- 52 hours of general university studies
- 36 hours of courses in religious studies/philosophy, art and English
- 15 hours of core interdisciplinary courses, including your internship
- 17 hours of electives
Call or text (502) 585-7111